Contact Motoring Art
I regret that all contact has to be by email. Unfortunately there may be delays in responding as there is only me at the end of the line and I do take holidays etc!
Where there are specific books about artists these have been listed on the artist’s page.
- The best general English language book is:-
- Art and the Automobile by D B Tubbs published Quarto Books 1978 but there have been later editions.
- There are magazine publications such as:-
- The Art of Autocar and Motor by various authors published Haymarket Magazines 1991.
- A superb book dealing with whole world-wide motoring art in its widest forms is:-
- The Motor Car in Art by JJ Zolomij published Automobile Quarterly/Foulis 1990
- A book concentrating mainly on European motoring art in the French language is:-
- L’Art et L’Automobile by Hervé Poulain published Les Clefs du Temps 1973
- A companion volume concentrating on the art of women and cars is: - L’art La Femme et L’automobile by Hervé Poulain published EPA 1989
- A general book that looks at the automobile through art is: - Motoring - The Golden Years by R Prior published by Blossom 1991
- A recent book that takes an academic look at the automobile through art and advertising is - Representations of British Motoring by David Jeremiah published by Manchester University Press 2007
Where links to individual artists exist these are given on the page in the ARTISTS LISTING.